The fee is $25.00 per swimmer to compete in Championships. Your swimmer must also have participated in at least 2…
Dolphins 2021 UPDATE
Updated Dolphins Swim Team Info (as of May 24, 2021):
- 6-8 year old registration added
- practice times revised
- evening home and away meets added
- parent meeting rescheduled
Please keep reading for all of the updated details.
OAKWOOD DOLPHINS SWIM TEAM
Miami Valley Swim Association League
June 7 - July 16
(Championship week TBA)
The City of Oakwood’s Department of Leisure Services is pleased to announce that the Oakwood Dolphins, the Oakwood’s Board of Health, Montgomery County Health District and the City have worked together to create a plan to allow us to have a 2021 Dolphins season!
As with all things during our current health crisis, this summer's season will be very different. Please trust that everyone involved in these decisions has carefully considered all the options.
As of June 2 the governor has released health restrictions relating to COVID-19. As you know, the safety of swimmers and coaches is our highest priority, and the larger the team is the more coaches we need to keep everyone safe.
However, this short timeframe prevents us from hiring enough coaches to safely open registration to our typical team size.
For that reason, we will still need to limit team size this season, but we are able to add 20 spots each for swimmers ages 6 to 8 (for a total of 60 swimmers added).
Registration will be done on-line for the 6-8 year old’s starting 9:00 A.M. Tuesday May 25th. Your MyRec profile needs to be set up and the simmer must be a member of the pool prior to the 6-8 year old registration. Waiting lists will be created for each age group after 20 spots for each age group are filled.There will be a waiting list. $50.00 Team fee.
The following has been revised from our previous announcements.
- Parent Meeting Rescheduled for June 1, 7:00 P.M. – Virtual. Zoom meeting invites will be sent prior to meeting around 6:50 P.M. on June 1, 2021.
- The team size must be limited this year but will include all age groups. Total swimmer for the 2021 swim team season will be 140 swimmers.
- Registration will be online and each age group will be capped. Unfortunately, as a result, some families may not be able to register all of their children.
- The pool will be available for evening meets. We will be going to live meets.
- Parent/caregiver will be able to be presence on the pool deck.
- Practices will go back to their original times.
- Each family must provide one parent worker for every home meet in which you have a participating swimmer.
For the 2021 season, Eileen Simon and Jessi Herwig will be the
Swim Team Parent Representatives.
8 & under Mon. - Fri.
13 & over
Must register on Swimtopia.
Please visit https://oakwooddolphins.
click on "Registration." (Registration is a two step process,
please register both at the OCC and on Swimtopia)
Welcome to the Oakwood Dolphins Swim Team!
We are thrilled you and your family are joining us for an exciting summer with the Oakwood Dolphins. The Oakwood Dolphins Swim Team is a recreational summer swim team in Oakwood, Ohio, and a member of the Miami Valley Swimming Association (MVSA). https://mvsa.swimtopia.com/.
Practices and home meets take place at Gardner Pool in Oakwood. Away meets take place at an MVSA member pool.
The summer swim season runs from the second week in June through the end of July.
As your Parent Reps we will serve as the liaisons between you and the Dolphins Staff. Please feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns.
Welcome to the team!
Jessi Herwig and Eileen Simon
2020 Parent Reps
Dolphins Swim Store
We recommend shopping at our affiliate site for great pricing and the added bonus is that every purchase helps out our team!
This link will take you to a few simple options for purchase. From there, to see many more options, simply shop the site as your normally would.